Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) test for trailers and winches
What does this mean:
- Winches and drum trailers are classed as special purpose vehicles and have needed testing since October 2014
- All trailers must have a unique 17 digit trailer identification number registered with the vehicle inspectorate.
- All trailers need to pass an inspection that they meet all the road requirements
- All trailers over 750kg need to have a reverse light and 13 pin electrics
- It is an offence to sell any new equipment that doesn't meet these requirements