Important PPE Product Certification Information
The European Union have changed the legislation that controls the certification and use of Personal Protective Equipment within EU countries.
As of April 21st 2019 the EU have transitioned completely from the PPE Directive to the PPE Regulation.
As part of this process manufacturers must make certain changes and updates to their certification, user instructions, declarations and garment marking.
There are then specific obligations on importers and distributors of PPE products to ensure they maintain correct documentation about these products.
Any type approval certificates that are currently issued under the PPE directive may continue to be used until april 2023 as long as the underlying technical standards and testing remain state-of-the-art.
Any garments that have been placed on the market before 21st April 2019 may continue to be sold as they were compliant and correct at the time of the switch (according to article 47 of the PPE Regulation).
As and when new orders arrive into our stock from this date it will be PPE Regulation compliant in accordance with EU law.
This will typically cover all of the following items:
- Clydesdale NOAH range of arc flash PPE including balaclava
- Preising arc flash hoods
- Salisbury by Honeywell arc flash face and head protection range
- Salisbury by Honeywell arc flash garments
- Salisbury by Honeywell insulating gloves and sleeves
- Novax insulating gloves
- Novax leather protector gloves
- Sibille safe insulating gloves
- North safety hard hats
- Other ancillary PPE obtained to suit specific customer needs